Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Wall of Fame: Leah Ashton, Aideen Taylora & Jane Murray


CONGRATS Leah, Aideen and Jane who submitted their New Voices entries on September 22! Go ladies!

Leah’s chapter has speed dating, a sexy alpha male and a heroine with straight up honesty that sends one guy scurrying for safety – three great ingredients for a contemporary read! Watch out, her first line’s going to grab you and not let go!

Aideen and Jane nearly snuck by me so a big thanks the Jackie for pointing them out. I’ve got you now!

Aideen’s chapter has a wonderfully relatable heroine and anyone who’s ever been short staffed on Christmas will know exactly how poor Ellie is feeling but hey sexy hero to the rescue! As if that’s not enough check out said sexy hero in a Santa suit, you can’t so no to that, and find out just who he really is to Ellie!

Jane’s chapter has a king, a groom, a bride and a getaway ride on a horse that you can’t miss. Need I say more? Didn’t think so! It’s guaranteed to leave you wondering why and wanting more!

Catch Leah’s, Aideen’s and Jane’s entries at:
Leah Ashton: Secrets & Speed Dating (Contemporary)
Aideen Taylora: Migraines & Mistletoe (Contemporary)
Jane Murray: The Barbarian King’s Bride (Contemporary)


Three days and 17 hours till the judging ends! Get your lucky undies on!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Go Leah, Aideen and Jane!! And the lovely Lacey for providing so much excellent quality cheese! Hoo is most appreciative. :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

We've got to keep Hoo's strength up ;)

Angie Peters said...

Woo hoo! Congrats for crossing over the finishing line just in a nick of time! And where's the mention of your fabulous chapter, Lacey? Don't be shy now!

LOL, lucky undies, eh? I wonder if Hoo wears lucky undies? Maybe he prefers to go commando...

Ahem, moving right along - thanks Lacey for making your blog be *the* place to hang out during the comp. And for the lovely non-alcoholic beverages and yummy cheese :)

Aideen said...

Lacey, thank you SO much for throwing me up on your fabulous wall! And a very special thanks for commenting so positively on my chapter. You rock, you really do.

Now, my only problem here is that, prior to subbing my own entry I actually commented on a number of entries yet none of my comments seem to be there. Of course I don't want to go comment again now that I've subbed because I'd truly hate for anyone to think that I was fishing for some comments right back.

But I've got to say, your chapter blew me away. Your writing is so great, so polished, I honestly didn't expect to be as wowed as I was. I loved it Lacey, such a strong and witty voice. Yum and totally relatable characters. Well done, can't wait to read chapter two.

Aideen.

Janette Radevski said...

Had my cheese quota for the night and off to read more entries. I've read Leah's already and LOVED it.

thanks again Lacey. The hostess with the mostest!

PS - I too am having issues with my comments being gobbled up, what's with that??

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Angie! I'm still a wee bit terrified lol so much for that going away with the submit button! Everyone's been so lovely and supportive though. I'm so touched.

LoL to Hoo and his undies. They wouldn't be easy to find with eight tentacles to accommodate!

Adieen - It's entirely my pleasure. I really enjoyed your chapter too!

The nasty comment gremlins have been making them disappear. Apparently they turn up in the overall comments but that's a heck of a lot to go through!

I'm thrilled beyond words that you liked my chapter :) Thanks so much Aideen!

Lacey Devlin said...

Janette - I haven't read as many entries as I would havce liked to yet :)

Nasty comment stealing fairies is what it is! You know I think it's happening more and more often too. It's probably one piece of code and I bet it's driving the site tech's nuts lol

Leah said...

Wow, thanks Lacey!! I feel very special :) I've added your badge to my blog, very much appreciated! You rock :) :)

Suzanne Jones said...

Yay Leah, Aideen and Jane. And a big yay for you, too, Lacey - love your chapter.

XX

Judy Jarvie said...

Just had to pop by and say what a wonder you are, Lacey.

Not just for the wall. Or the cheese. But the chapter! Go, go Lacey! You're a legend.

Lacey Devlin said...

Leah - You deserve it!

Suzanne - Thanks so much!!!

Judy - Thanks for reading my entry! You're a legend too :)