Friday, November 6, 2009

And We're Off...


NaNo has started.

The apocalypse has begun.

I say this because my writing plan hasn’t been adjusted yet so poor NaNo isn’t receiving the proper attention. Bad Lacey.

How’s everyone else doing in NaNoland?

The lovely Donna Alward posted a link to Nora Robert’s latest interview in The Star. You can read all about it here.

Some facts about Nora Roberts you may not know:

  • In 2001, an average of 34 Nora Roberts books were sold per minute.
  • In the time you take to read this, another 8 Nora Roberts books were sold.
  • Since her first bestseller in 1991, her books have spent a total of 351 weeks on the New York Times list...that's equivalent to nearly 7 consecutive years of weekly bestsellers.
  • Twice in her career she had four books on the New York Times list at the same time.
  • Since 1999, every book published under the Nora Roberts name was a New York Times bestseller.
Click here for more Nora Roberts stats.

Well, if Nora ever gets sick of her sixty million dollar (U.S.) annual income I’m happy to step in…
Photobucket

11 comments:

gaelikaa said...

Don't give up Lacey, keep going!

Nora Roberts: inspiring, isn't she?

Sri Pammi said...

Hey
Good luck with your nano WIP. Not doing it this year and do miss it. But I've got to finish revising a WIP this month.

Sri.

Jackie Ashenden said...

I've been doing prety well actually. Going to finish my ms next week!
Go, Lacey, go!

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Gaelikka! :D

Good luck with the revising Sri!

I'm jealous Jackie! I did really well last year and I finished in the second week, this year could be interesting...

Alice Anderson said...

Wow...Nora makes my eyes cross. How hard she works and how many words she's written... it boggles the mind.

Lacey Devlin said...

Hi Alice!

It's amazing isn't it? Every interview brings up something new. She's an endlessly fascinating topic :D

Sally Clements said...

Nora makes nano look like a walk in the park. She must write nano in an afternoon. Truly amazing, all those stats! Don't give up keep going Lacey, it aint over till its over!
xS

Lacey Devlin said...

I envy her pace I really do. I know she says that your pace is just your pace but the delusional part of me likes to think that when I'm writing full time I'll be able to pump those manuscripts out too ;) Thanks Sally :D

Janette Radevski said...

There's still time - the month is only a week gone.

Wow NRob really could buy a small island in the pacific an retire tomorrow. That is, if she already hasn't...

Lacey Devlin said...

What a great idea! Her own island! I wouldn't mind an island. I have no idea what I'd call it but it'd make great dinner conversation ;)

Suzanne Jones said...

Keep going Lacey (said she who is yet to start).

And thanks for the terrific links.

XX