Monday, August 22, 2011

New Voices Competition Update 1



There are 22 days left to the launch of the Harlequin Mills & Boon New Voices Competition for 2011.    I know a lot of you are writing like mad and will soon be moving on to polishing your first chapter entry.  Carina Press Executive Editor, Angela James, will be running her editing workshop, Before You Hit Send, from September 21.  This was one of my favorite workshops of the year and I highly recommend it.  It's a great opportunity to get a little extra polish on that entry before you hit the submit button.  For more information click here.
 
 
Also, the Minxes of Romance have an exclusive New Voices interview with Mills & Boon editor, Anna Boatman, and you can read all about it here.

Happy writing!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Great post, Lacey! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Lacey Devlin said...

You're very welcome, Jax!

Marcy said...

Great info! Thanks for keeping us all in 'the know', Lacey!

Suzanne Jones said...

Thanks for the link to the course, Lacey. I really fancy trying it.

And wasn't that a great post from Anna Boatman?

XX

Madeline Ash said...

22 days left? Aaaah! Thanks for the reminder Lacey, as I have decided that I want to enter, but haven't started writing the first chapter yet. Gulp. I have the gist of the story and characters planned, but not one word is down. 22 days...and counting!

Happy writing to you too x

Lacey Devlin said...

Marcy - You're welcome. I'm looking forward to reading your NV entry.

Suz - It's a really great course. I don't know how Angela finds the time but it's fully interactive with a heap of feedback.

I was thrilled by Anna's post. It was really generous of her to help the entrants out. You can never have too much advice.

Lacey Devlin said...

Madeline - Congrats on deciding to enter! The first round (submission phase) only opens on September 13. You can submit right up until October 10, so you should have plenty of time to write and edit without having to give up sleep ;-)

Anne MacFarlane said...

Aah! 22 days! Still haven't decided...

Nas Dean said...

Hi Lacey,

Thanks for a great update post!

Lacey Devlin said...

Anne - I vote yes! I want to read an Anne MacFarlane! :-)

Nas - You're welcome!