Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The End


The April Word Count Challenge is over. I just managed to meet my 50K word count goal after a bad start to the month and I know a lot of other challengers did it tough too. So a huge CONGRATULATIONS to anyone who made their word meter move in the apocalypse that was April.

Judy Jarvie had the great idea to continue her April Challenge in May.  So, if you like, you can have a do-over too.

May is going to be an editing month for me, but it also seems to be the month of free things. Don’t forget to check in at The Minxes for birthday month goodies. Also, Margaret Mayo’s running a four week giveaway and I was lucky enough to snag this week’s copy of her latest Modern release A NIGHT WITH CONSEQUENCES (squee!). There’s still three more weeks to go and all you have to do is answer one teeny, tiny question (seriously, that’s it) which can be found here.

If you’re not sick of me yet, I’m interviewing USA Today Bestselling author and 2011 RITA award finalist Maureen Child today (I have a tough life) and you can join us here.

And don’t forget to let me know your plans for May. To edit, or not to edit? To write or not to write? To stalk Prince Harry or… Well, you’ll need blue prints of Buckingham Palace for that last one.

Good luck to all!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

Awesome word count Lacey! You are a true inspiration :)

Sally Clements said...

Yay! That's an awesome achievement, Lacey! Congratulations! Can I have some to read? (I love being a minx)

Lacey Devlin said...

Aw thanks Rach!

Sally - LOL! I better get stuck into that editing then!

Maya said...

Yayyyy, well done, Lacey. I only managed 10k but I won't whine about it ;)

Julia Broadbooks said...

Congrats on reaching your goal in April. I've started something new this month and I have distractions galore: sick kid, computer issues, tech help for the kid's project. Nothing permanent or terrible, but it's slowed me down. I need to work extra hard this week!

Caroline said...

Congrats on the 50k achievement. I'm a tad green about the gills. I have to admit I haven't written 50k for over a year now! Yikes I need to be good! Caroline x

Jackie Ashenden said...

Fantastic, Lacey! That's awesome.

Lacey Devlin said...

Maya - Thanks =) 10K is fantastic too! Congratulations!

Lacey Devlin said...

Julia - Thanks. And isn't that always the way when you're itching to write? I hope everything settles down for you. Good luck!

Lacey Devlin said...

Caroline - You've been busy buying houses and moving! When compared to everything that's involved in that my 50K pales =) I hope everything's going well in your new place.

Jackie - Thanks =)

Suzanne Jones said...

Yay - well done Lacey.

As you know, I only managed just over 6k, but I'm happy because that was 6k more than I'd have managed without the challenge.

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Suz! Congrats on your 6K! I think that's very impressive.