Friday, August 20, 2010

New Voices Finals Will Be A Team Sport

I have couple more updates on the New Voices competition for you.

There’s been a lot of questions about the ‘pivotal moment’ element of the competition, basically along the lines of “Watta you want?”.  M&B have answered this question on a couple of occasions that I've come across, but the most recent defines the PM is key moment in the hero and heroine’s journey toward each other with the aim of showing an aspiring interaction that delivers the depth of emotion M&B lines always provide. M&B examples included the hero and heroine’s first kiss, a moment of doubt or a moment of connection.

I don't know about you but I can't wait to read them!

Another exciting announcement was with regards to the mentor teams. The four author mentors have been announced but, as you know, they’ll each be joined by four fabulous editors. The four amazing teams (one of which you could end up working with) are:

1. Rhyannon Byrd & Lesley Stonehouse

2. Jessica Hart & Meg Lewis

3. Heidi Rice & Sally Williamson

4. Sharon Kendrick & Bryony Green


Those are going to be four seriously lucky finalists!

Remember: you have to be in it to win it!  So get working on that entry!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

They will be very lucky finalists indeed. Thank you for passing this on, Lacey.

XX

Angie Peters said...

Thanks for the juice, Lacey! You're always a veritable source of information :)

Now - you are entering, aren't you?!?

Lacey Devlin said...

No problem Suzanne :)

Angie - I'd love to enter but I don't know if life will let me. I'll have to see how the timing goes. I'll definitely be reading and voting if I don't!

joanne pibworth said...

OMG Lacey, that comp count down thingy has given me the jitters!!

Thanks for the info, you can always be relied on to get the scoop! You should be a journo... :o)

And you should DEFINITELY enter the comp!

x

Jackie Ashenden said...

Life should let you, Lacey! Yay for fabulous gossip, girl. You rock. :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Joanne - Thanks! After a while you can trade the jitters in for excitement if you stare at the balloons long enough ;-).

Jackie - Ooo I hope so :-). Can't help sticking my nose in!

Rachael Johns said...

ABsolutely LOVE your countdown Lacey! And I'm with everyone - you've GOTTA enter!

Lacey Devlin said...

Rach - Right back at you :-) You've gotta enter too! I hope you're feeling better. Nasty bug!