Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin!


In a little over a week submissions for round one of the New Voices competition will open and writers all around the world will synchronise their hyperventilation.

The NV competition was launched in Camden, London last Wednesday and boy does Mill & Boon know how to throw a party or what? Check out the picture below. Is that not amazing? Doubly so for anyone who has a serious addiction to post its.


Last week was a big one for me. I sent off my submission to Harlequin’s Medical Fast-Tracking and unfortunately other deadlines (for non writing related activity) stood in the way of my announcing it to all and sundry. So, consider this my belated boast about my submission prowess ;-).

A HUGE congrats to minxes Suzanne Jones and Joanne Cleary who have received requests for partials from the Fast-Track!

Now, who has finished their NV entry? Just 8 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes and 10 seconds left to go at the time of this blog posting!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay on getting your Medical in. I did toy with doing it but couldn't think of anything to write. I'm so immersed in my Roman Historical I couldn't think straight. So I'm going to stick to the NV contest for now. Caroline xx

Rachael Johns said...

I've finished my entry. Just need to do a few final tweaks. Very exciting and very scary :) Should be fun reading the entries, although I think there'll be far too many for me to get through!

Sally Clements said...

Well done on getting that medical sub in Lacey! Looking forward to reading your first chapter on RIND!

truestarr said...

fingers crossed!!!

susanwilson44 said...

Fabulous picture Lacey and good luck with the submission to New Voices. I am looking forward to reading all the submissions from the brave warriors who post them! Hope you hear something good back from the medical fast-track. At least you know for definite that Tues is the last day and you should get something back then, much better than waiting months, good luck

Jackie Ashenden said...

Lacey, you have been keeping secrets! Let us know the instant you hear please! Crossing fingers you get a request for more. :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Caroline - I'm a big believer in going with what inspires you. For me, forcing a story never seems to produce anything worthy of going anywhere other than the recycle bin :).

Rachael - I'm so glad you've gotten it finished, cold and all! We can be terrified together. From the wording on some of the authors blogs it sounds as though they might only be posting the first chapters of the top ten. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lacey Devlin said...

Sally - Thanks! At the moment I'm not so sure my entry has the "X" factor they're looking for but I've still got a little time left.

Truestarr - Thanks!!

Lacey Devlin said...

Susan - Thanks Susan! I'm really looking forward to reading all the entries too. Congrats again on your revisions, that's a really fabulous achievement, you should bask in you greatness :). I don't know if Tues will end up being the last day, there's a bank holiday on the Monday apparently and honestly I couldn't blame them if they needed more time to get through what is probably a ton of submissions. They need to sleep too ;).

Jackie - Thanks! I loved writing it and I also tried to push the boundaries a little so I'm even more eager for feedback (if that's possible).

Kaily Hart said...

Congrats on getting your medical fast track entry in!! That's awesome and good luck with the NV one.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Kaily!

Suzanne Jones said...

Well done on getting your sub in, Lacey - keeping everything crossed for you.

And thank you for the congratualtions.

Am hoping to start something for NV this week - I have an idea, now all I need is time...

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Suzanne :). Good luck with your NV I'm looking forward to hearing how that Medical partial goes.