Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fast-Tracking and New Voices Update




Most of you probably already know about this one but just in case anyone has missed it. Harlequin Medical are fast-tracking all submissions in August. You can submit anything from a synopsis and the first chapter to a full manuscript by the 24th of August and you will get a reply in August! Anyone who has been submitting for a while knows just how special this opportunity is so don’t miss it! For more information click here.

The editorial team trying to get through all the entries will probably need to take the rest of the year off so an early Merry Christmas to them. 


 

A wee update for the New Voices Competition *pause to let you all squeal* the mentors have been announced and prepare to get a little star crazy because they are:

- Rhyannon Byrd (Nocturne)

- Jessica Hart (Sweet/Tender)

- Heidi Rice (Sexy Sensation/Modern Heat)

- Sharon Kendrick (Sexy/Presents)
It was also just announced that Editorial Director Karin Stoecker has had to pull out as a competition judge (she’s still excited about the competition though!). Executive Editor Tessa Shapcott has kindly stepped in to fill her place. So make sure you’re bribing the right person.... ;-).


What are you working on? Medical fast-track? New Voices entry? Not biting your fingers off, since the nails are long gone, as you wait to hear on a submission?


Photobucket

13 comments:

Joanne Coles said...

Lovely new look for your blog, Lacey.

Adore the 'devilishly delicious romance' tag too. Very, very cool :-)

I'm working on the New Voices entry, editing requested partial ... and now outlining a new story that may or may not be my NV entry. Yes, I know. I need to pick something and stick at it!!

Sally Clements said...

Wow Lacey, you've your finger on the pulse, great I don't need to search everywhere, just come straight to your blog!

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Joanne!

I'm still getting a bit of a thrill out of so at least all the work was worth it in the end.

I'm glad you like my tag, I was still sitting on the fence about but now I'll just have to keep it :).

You're a busy woman! Partials, entries, outlining! You can still get away with the outlining for NV, no need to play favorites just yet ;)

Lacey Devlin said...

*Waves to Sally* I'm practically stalking M&B at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if I've been flagged as "suspicious activity".

Suzanne Jones said...

I'm very tempted to go for the medical (although as it's the 13th and I haven't written anything yet...).

Thanks for the update.

Suz XX

Caroline said...

Ohh I echo Joanne. Love your blog. Is it a "standard" blogger template or one you have "built" yourself?
Anyhoo - back to the blog in question. I'm working on a Historical. Fingers xrossed. Caroline x

Lacey Devlin said...

Suzanne - If you can find the time I think you should definitely give it a go :).

Caroline - Thanks so much :). It's a standard template that I've altered. It's been a while since I've done any coding and I'm by no means a professional. It's funny how I always manage to forget that it makes me a little crazy each time ;-). I get 'halfway through' syndrome where you wish I hadn't started. They keep changing things, the sneaks.

Good luck with your historical! NV is creeping closer :).

Rachael Johns said...

Love the new look blog too!!!

I may have missed this cos I'm totally out of it with ear ache, cold and general exhaustion but are YOU entering!?

Lacey Devlin said...

Bad cold, ear ache and exhaustion! I hope you get well soon :). I'm still not sure about entering. I'm intending to but it's a matter of whether or not I get the entry finished around all of the "life" stuff :). Either way, I'm going to be reading the hell out of those entries.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Interesting info, Lacey! As you know, still waiting on a [insert swear word of choice here] partial. Sigh. But the comps are looking better and better...

Lacey Devlin said...

Poor Jackie. I think the hardest thing we're suppose to be learning is patience. Chocolate helps. Sending cyber chocolate your way :)

Monique DeVere said...

Hi, Lacey,

Love the new look. Great info. I had originally planned to get a quick partial through the Medical Romance Fast Track op but then I heard from HMB and ended up shelving the plan in order to work on my Modern Heat revisions.

Good luck to all of you who are entering the New Voices comp. It looks like it's going to be great fun and a fab chance to learn.


Hugs :)

Lacey Devlin said...

Thank you!

I'm still so excited about your revisions news Mon! I can't blame you for wanting to focus on them :).