Monday, January 18, 2010

Kreative Blog Award

 A huge thanks to the every lovely Jackie and Sally who nominated me for the Kreativ Blog Award which gives me permission to yap about myself to my heart’s content. Although, the rules did say it had to be interesting…

Seven things you may not know about me:

I’ve broken both my arms at the same time and think that I should be able to list my ability to do the washing up with plastic covers on my hands on my resume.


I’ve broken a total of eight bones, all before I was fifteen, and was a little too thrilled to see hospital upgrades every time I visited the ER.



I love chocolate but it makes me quite sick, and I think that puts me in the same category as people who eat shellfish even though the anaphylactic shock sends them to the hospital.


I love to celebrate birthdays but I find it horribly uncomfortable when people want to celebrate mine and I will seriously considering being “out of town” if anyone should try.


I don’t have a list of things I want to do before I die but if I did, learning how to make balloon animals would be at the top.



I hate anything with numbers and will always try to get someone else to deal with them, if not, there are ten calculators in my home... that ought to do it.



I’m bright white. The same colour as paper. Of course I could go out in the sun and do something about it but I’m pretty sure that direct sunlight will kill me…



Actually, for the holidays I tried the joy of spray tanning. Wow. Big difference. It’s a shame that it’s not wearing off easily. I have these lovely streaks of white happening… I resemble a backwards tiger.

It’s very attractive.

I think this will be the first and last of my forays into the world of body spray painting :)

So Now I must nominate other KreativeBloggers:
1. Becca J. Heath
7. Anyone who hasn’t yet received the Kreativ Blog award and would like to!


Oh and before I forget, the rules for the new Kreativ bloggers:

1. Thank the person who awarded you
2. Copy the logo and paste it on your blog
3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award
4. Name (up to 7) things about yourself that people might find interesting
5. Nominate (up to 7) other Kreativ Bloggers
6. Post links to the blogs you nominate
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they’ve been nominated


So now that I’ve spent an entire blog talking about myself I thought I might pop in a link to Julie Cohen’s blog on character arcs.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Oh - I CAN make balloon animals, I'll teach you...

Great list & congratulations on the award.
xx

Caroline Storer said...

Love your *7* things! Very funny. Take care. Caroline x

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay to being bright white! I am too. It's very irritating with NZ sun being what it is.

Joanne Coles said...

Thanks for the nomination, Lacey. That's a lot of breakages you've had, hope your bones are staying in one piece these days :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Suzanne I'm so jealous! I have a sneaky feeling balloon animals are harder than they sound :D

Thanks Caroline!

I think bright white is going to be in fashion any day now... :P We're forward thinkers Jackie!

So far so good Joanne! I'm still a lil accident prone... but I think it makes life interesting :)

Kaily Hart said...

Wow, your 7 things were SO interesting. Both your arms? At the same time? I can't even imagine. Thank you so much for the award nomination. I'm tickled and honored that you'd think of me. I figured when I created my blog it would just be me posting. Who would have thought anyone would actually read it?

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Kaily :) I love blogland too! It's hard to imagine what I would do without it now ;)

Debs said...

Great list, though how painful to have broken BOTH arms.