Saturday, April 16, 2011

April Word Count Challenge Update


The April Word Count Challengers have been doing it tough.  We've reached the halfway point and some of us have been off to a slow start, a few have suffered the sort of setbacks that come with the joy of using technology.

But the month's not over yet!

My own word count is lower than I would have liked it to be at this point.  If my computer hadn't needed a quick visit to the doctor (yes, another one...) I may have reached the 25K mark.  But if I can write 2500 words a day I should still be able to reach my goal.  

Does anyone else have a word count they're aiming for by the end of the day/week/month?

I wish you luck and a healthy computer!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Good Luck meeting your word count, Lacey! But most importantly, good luck to your computer remaining operating!

Suzanne Jones said...

Yay, Lacey - great going. Well done.

I'm still stuck at 2K - just another 33 (gulp) to go.

XX

Julia Broadbooks said...

My daughter killed her newish computer, so, although mine is fine, I'm forced to share with her so that she can get all her homework done. Not fun.

I'm all about the editing. Not much in the way of adding to the word count. It's more about cleaning up the words that I have.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Nicole! I think I've had just about every part of the computer replaced now and it's only just out of warranty so hopefully it'll be okay for a bit =)

Lacey Devlin said...

Suzanne - You can do it! I've hit a bit of a snag switching to the second MS because it's plot and conflict needs a bit of attention. My manageable daily word count is now growing...

Lacey Devlin said...

Julia - Urgh no! Not the newish computer! That always hurts more. Mine's not quite two years old yet and it's had several problems. I think someone in computer land is laughing at me =) I have my fingers crossed that your daughter's computer is an easy and cheap fix.

Good luck with your editing!

Rachael Johns said...

Must be April. I didn't officially sign up for the Minx challenge but I had my own personal goals for each week in April and so far I'm lagging seriously behind. Maybe May will be better :)

Nas Dean said...

All the best with making your word count, Lacey!

And computer problems?...aaarhhh!!!

Lacey Devlin said...

Rach - LOL It must be April! All the best for May.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Nas =) Hopefully all the computer problems are behind me.