Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award




Teresa Ashby has given me the Stylish Blogger award! Thanks Teresa!

The rules for this one are really simple. I have to tell you seven things about myself and then pass it on to 15 bloggers.

So my seven things:

1. I’ve just completed an irrelevant business degree majoring in marketing and international business. I hated the whole darn thing from start to finish. I like to think that shows perseverance and character rather than stupidity.

2. I also have qualifications in customer service, multimedia and mediation, among other things. Course junkie? Moi?

3. I’m teaching myself to play the keyboard. Why? I have no idea.

4. I’ve never been able to pick a favorite colour. It alternates mainly between royal blue and purple. Which, incidentally, were the colours of my casts when I broke both my arms ;-)

5. I had an overbite as a child and couldn’t chew properly. I’m still not a big fan of meat. Lots of chew involved there.

6. I ran into one of those double-seater swings when I was a toddler and in addition to flying through the air I bruised my adult teeth. Did you know you can bruise teeth? It’s permanent. You don’t want it. Get rid of those swing sets immediately ;-)

7. I’m animal mad and I’ve rescued my own fair share of them. The last one was a baby dove that had fallen out of its nest and couldn’t fly yet. When it was released it actually came back and slept in its cage for one more night. Such a cutie!


I’m passing this award to:

















 
Enjoy!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Kate Kyle said...

thanks a lot, Lacey :)
you seem to have a wide range of interests, which to me is a sign of an open, inquisitive and creative mind (I'm sure you transfer your knowledge and skills across all these areas), you're focused, determined to get where you want to be, perseverant and an achiever, too.
I'm not sure how to interpret the favourite colour(s) thing, but will happily leave it to someone else
:-)

Teresa Ashby said...

That is lovely about the baby dove. But ooh, the bruised tooth x

Rachael Harrie said...

Hey Lacey, congrats on your award!!! Lovely to learn more about you :) Definitely perseverance and character, LOL.

And...can I just say, purple is the most awesomest color in the world!!! ;) But royal blue is pretty close too...

Hugs,

Rach

Jill said...

Lacey,
I'm smiling b/c my mother always wanted me to get an international business degree. She had this vision of me flying to places like Tahiti in glamorous designer suits.
I told a friend that once and she said (rather disparagingly I'm afraid) "did she get that idea from a romance novel?"
But you never know! Your heroines might put all those degrees and courses to good use some day!

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks so much Kate! I'm looking forward to reading your seven things :-)

Teresa - Thanks! It's hard to resist the babies :-)

Rachael - LOL! That's what I like to think too ;-) I'm thrilled that you're a purple fan!

Rachael Johns said...

LOL on the swing set - hilarious!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Thanks Lacey! And yeah, go purple!

Lacey Devlin said...

Jill - LOL! It's really not the sort of degree you do unless you're passionate about business and believe it or not some are! I wouldn't turn down the designer suits or Tahiti though! ;-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Rach - LOL! They were terrified I was going to bite the doctor. He must have been a brave man. I don't know that you would have caught me with my hand in a kid's sore mouth!

Lacey Devlin said...

Jackie - I kinda had a feeling you liked the purple ;-)

Joanne said...

Congrats on your Stylish Blogger Award ... It's always a fun reading about fellow bloggers this way :)

Nas Dean said...

Hi Lacey, congrats on your award. So lovely to learn some new things about you.

Cute about the baby dove coming back to sleep in it's cage. Obvious;y it wasn't ready to leave yet!

Thanks for awarding me a Stylish Blogger.

Lacey Devlin said...

Joanne - Thanks so much! And thanks for stopping by :-)

Nas - You're welcome! I hope you have fun with it!

Patsy said...

No! I din't know teeth could be bruised. It doesn't sound good.

Just wondering why you're not doing a course for the guitar? ;-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Patsy - The bruises are actually indented in the teeth so they aren't discoloured by they are missing rounded areas on the front of the tooth. I think it's one of those things you'd have to see to believe but I suppose it makes sense. You can bruise bones after all so why not teeth? :-)

I want to learn to play the guitar! It's on the list LOL! :-)

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's great about your degree. Yes, that does show perseverance. :)
My brother chipped his permanent front tooth on a swing and had to get it bonded. Swings should be banned. LOL

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Jennifer :-) Swings SHOULD be banned! Lol!

Suzanne Jones said...

Aw thank you, Lovely Lacey.

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

You are very welcome! :)