Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm Baaack!


Ah wee problem with the surgery. I’m allergic to more pain medication than we thought so my “pain management plan” bit the dust and I’ve been whimpering in a corner for the past couple of weeks.

I can’t believe it’s been weeks, but my calendar assures me it’s true.

In addition to my whimpering I’ve relearnt to use crutches and some poor soul took pity on me and hired me a wheelchair. That took a bit of practice especially since there are some squeezy bits in the house.

More skills for my resume...

You know what’s really great is having someone (a perfectly healthy someone) quote “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” several times a day. No I didn’t kill them but they tempted me… boy did they tempt me.

I exchange my plaster slab for a moon boot tomorrow. Moon boot. Here’s to hoping that it’s as much fun as it sounds. Somehow I doubt it.

I did manage a wee bit of writing, but for a while there I felt like I was going backwards. The word count just kept shrinking. It’s back up at 11,000, although that will probably stagnate for a week when I rediscover walking.

Not that I’m eager to give up my couch potato status.

I’ll be slipping around all of your blogs today, defying the doctor’s orders to keep my ankle somewhere above my head.

Hope you’re all great!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Janette Radevski said...

Ouch - rest up and get better soon! Hope that wordcount increases.

Sally Clements said...

Hi Lacey! Glad you're back, its been quiet without you! Sympathies on the 'tough love' friend. Maybe a swift kick with the moon boot would have results? otherwise you could always 'by mistake' run over her foot with your wheelchair. You could give her back her speech then. Hope you're feeling better soon, poor you. You have every right to eat lots of chocolate and be pampered.

Romy said...

At least this experience will give you material for a future story. Though it sounds like it might be a murder mystery, rather than a romance!

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Janette :)

Oh there has been chocolate. Lots of chocolate. I know where it all is too. On my hips :P I like the way you think Sally :)

Romy you're a mind reader :) I actually already had the outline of a story for a similar operation but now I've been over to the dark side I'll be able to give more details :D

Lorraine said...

Welcome back :-) I have to say I agree with Sally's idea!

Mr. Stupid said...

Hiya. Firstly, hope you are feeling better.
Glad to have found your Blog. I got here from your comment on Suzanne's place.

Get well soon and have a wonderful day...:)

Sri Pammi said...

Hey Lacey,


Nice to see you back. Hope you feel better soon.

Sri.

Suzanne Jones said...

Great to see you back, Lacey.

Take care

XX

Caroline Hartin said...

Ohhh massive hugs Lacey - get better soon! Caroline x

Jackie Ashenden said...

Glad to hear you're back, Lacey! Take care huh? Soon you'll be moon-walking in your moon boot. :-)
BTW, if you do, take pics so we can see. ;-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Lorraine! I try to reframe from kicking people now... the last time I accidentally got them and broke two toes... the uh time before that I was on rollerblades (don't ask) and well if you kick on rollerblades you fall down.... I broke my wrist. Hmmmm. Maybe the wheelchair?

Lacey Devlin said...

Mr. Stupid - Thanks for stopping by!

Sri - I haven't seen you in a while! I hope everything's going really well :)

Thanks Caroline and Suzanne!

Jackie - I confess there are pictures of the cast and I promise to share :D

Diane said...

Welcome back and heal quickly.

Kate Hardy said...

Hugs, Lacey - welcome back, and hope you're pain-free soon. (In the meantime... I'm sending cyber-chocolate!)

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Diane! Thanks Kate!

Judy Jarvie said...

Hugs Lacey. Sounds painful. Poor you. But glad you're chipper and surfing! jx

Joanne Coles said...

Yay, you're back! Have missed you!!

Hope you are healing now and so sorry about the pain meds not working.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Judy and Joanne :) It's nice to be missed!

Kaily Hart said...

Good to see you back doing the rounds. Take it easy and get better soon!