Saturday, September 26, 2009

Australia Has Dust...

Australia has a lot of dust.
 
I kid you not.

I have to admit I was feeling a little smug on my choice of locale when this dust storm swept across our cities…

…until it reached us 24 hours later.

Good one God.

That is the Opera House in the background, in case you were wondering.

I got up this morning to this headline: “Is the dust radioactive?”


My joy is indescribable.

The fuss is over a uranium mine which is near the site the storm originated from. Of course the dust is very likely not radioactive and I’m not running around screaming (as fun as that sounds). But it’s not exactly what you want to see on a Saturday morning.

The dust has made life… interesting, and now I’m about to get super friendly with my vacuum, which will likely have a name of it’s own by the end of the day… I’m thinking Vaughn. What say you?
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Oh, Lacey, that sounds awful. Keep safe.

XX

Teresa Ashby said...

It looks awful.
Hope you and Vaughan don't get worn out!

Jackie Ashenden said...

I saw the news - we got to hear about your dust storm over here too. Weirdly, we got a lot of heavy rain just after the Aussie storm and after my car had dried, there was a whole lot of faint red, residue all over it. Strange.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks guys :) They did predict it would be making it's way to NZ. We sent that dust with love Jackie... a love of cleaning everything you just cleaned... ;)

Lorraine said...

Hope you've finished the cleaning up Lacey, what a pain!

Joanne Cleary said...

lacey, that looks surreal, like some sci fi movie but they saw real life is stranger than fiction so it must be right.

I hope you and Vaughan aren't exhausted after your efforts :-)

Janette Radevski said...

Coming in very late here - we flew out to hong kong on THAT day...total chaos at the airport, was just greatful the flight was not cancelled as many were...