Saturday, April 14, 2012

Exciting News & Writing Opportunities Galore

http://laceydevlin.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/exciting-news-writing-opportunities.html

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS to one of my fabulous critque partners, Maya Blake, who just received THE CALL. She's the latest addition to the Harlequin Presents line and I can't wait to see her first book on the shelves.


Secondly, there's some really great writing opportunities out there at the moment. They are:

1. Harlequin Romance Fast-Track: You'll hear back on the results of your submission in ONE month. You've got to love that. All you need is a first chapter, synopsis and query letter. This one closes April 23rd.

2. Harlequin Special Edition Editor Pitch Challenge: All you need is a one-page synopsis of your manuscript. Closes April 23rd.

3. Harlequin Historical Undone Editor Pitch Challenge: This one's a pitch with a twist. Sell your book with a 300 word max extract and a back cover blurb (80-100 words). Closes May 3rd.

4. Harlequin Medical Fast-Track: You'll hear back in LESS than one month. You'll need a query letter, synopsis and first chapter. It opens June 1 and closes June 7.

Are there any other writing contests/challenges out there at the moment? Are you entering any of the contests? I'd love to know!

Happy writing!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Scarlet Wilson said...

Mills and boon have just announced a medical fast track on their website from 1-7 June. Hope I've got those dates right!

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks, Scarlet! I missed that one. I'll add it :)

Suzanne Jones said...

Thanks for the links.

And YAY for Maya. :0)

XX

Nas Dean said...

Congratulations to Maya, Lacey, and thanks for the links!

Maya said...

Lacey, thank you so much, my dear. Everyone's been so lovely and supportive. I'm hugely touched!

Maya xx

Lacey Devlin said...

Suz - You're welcome!

Nas - Thanks for stopping by :)

Maya - You deserve it!

Joanne Dannon said...

Hi Lacey - I'm polishing my first chapter for the fast track :)

...Serena Akeroyd said...

I was totally ready for the fast track and then, after another edit, decided that I had to completely change track. :( Lots more work for me today! Oh well :D

Congrats Maya! All the hard work has finally paid off x

Lacey Devlin said...

Joanne - Go, Jo! Let me know when you send it. It'll be party time!

Serena - At least you discovered the problem before you sent it :) There's still five days left. You can do it!!