Friday, July 22, 2011

Pitch Your Pants Off


I'm back!  After battling computer and internet problems I've been granted a reprieve.  But if I suddenly disappear from blogland again you'll know it's not by choice, but because the evil computer fairy can kick butt better than I.

For anyone who missed it the Harlequin Intrigue Editor Pitch 2011 has been launched.  So, if you love to write taut, edge-of-the-seat contemporary romantic suspense stories with intrigue and desire then make sure you send your one-page double-spaced synopsis in by August 16th.  For full details click here.  For Harlequin Intrigue writing guidelines click here.

If your writing style is more suited to Harlequin Special Edition's sophisticated, substantial and emotional stories, then the Harlequin Special Edition Happy Holidays contest is for you.  It's a great way to get your work in front of the editors.  This time they're looking for first chapters and a one-page synopsis with a holiday theme.  For more information click here.  For Harlequin Special Edition's writing guidelines click here.

Also, Mills & Boon New Voices competition is back for 2011 and will launch September 13th.  Keep your eye on the website here.

So, are you planning on entering any, or all, of the competitions?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for the heads up Lacey - and good to see you back! Caroline x

Julia Broadbooks said...

Glad your back!

I'm going to pass on the next two Harelquin contests. New Voices will depend on the timing since I'll be traveling in October. I would be sad to miss it though.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay for you being back! I think the SE contest is only for North American residents sadly. But yay for the others. And no, not planning on entering the comps. I'm all comp-ed out. :-)

Anne MacFarlane said...

Lacey, SYTYCW is also starting up again and I think I'll enter a chapter in that.

The New Voices competition seems pretty stressful - a little like standing naked in the middle of Time Square. LOL.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks, Caroline! It's a sad and sorry day when you can't load your own blog ;-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Julia - I'm not sure about NV either but I'd love to cheer you on so keep me posted.

Jackie - I'm all comp-ed out too. We can cheer on the others. There'll be purple glitter and pom poms. You'll love it.

Lacey Devlin said...

Anne - Thanks for the heads up on SYTYCW. I'm not sure about NV. LOL It's exactly like standing naked in the middle of Time Square! I'm amazed that I managed it last year :-)