Monday, May 11, 2009

He Can Build My Bridge Anytime!

Terry Goodkind is one of my favourite authors. He created a fantastic fictional world that I personally believe rivals the greats. The first book in the series The Wizard’s First Rule has a story line that is so amazing and complicated it is like a series in itself, but most importantly the two main characters are a hero and heroine on a journey of love that is constantly challenged.

Why am I telling you this?

This year Legend of the Seeker, a TV series based on these books, was/is being shown in the United States and as I live in Australia all I can do is obsessive compulsively look for snippets. But I want to share this particular one with you because I’ve seen the clip of this scene and ladies those abs are real (and shown throughout the series ;-) )!

Meet Richard Cyper whose destiny was so much more than a wood’s guide and who I would kidnap anywhere, anytime. This guy is seriously sexy because he’s more than just a body he’s got the most amazing strength of character I’ve ever come across (read the books and you’ll see what I’m talking about, I’m probably more sane than I sound). What’s he doing in the picture? Oh a bridge got washed away in a storm and he’s rebuilding it single handedly with just an axe… how many men can do that now days? *Sigh* it was so hard watching him do that too.

Image from legend-seeker.next-series.com
Okay so current the picture is very small, teeny weeny in fact compared the pixel size of the original but for some reason if I try to stretch it or change the dimensions in the html it only distorts so if anyone knows how to make this hunk bigger please let me know :) I have a sneaky suspicion it has to do with my template parameters and that could be traumatic to change :) Until then I'm going to turn it into a link please click on it for the original close up and I'm going to add the following picture which includes the spunky heroine who by the way wields a sword when necessary she's no damsel in distress (this one is also a link in case you want the close up)!
Image from legend-seeker.net-series.com

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Wizard's First Rule is a pretty good book. Did you know that the series was filmed in little ole NZ? In fact, I've been mountain biking through those very woods...

Lorraine said...

Seems to be a day for rugged men Lacey, I'm liking the trend :-)

Joanne Cleary said...

Oh wow! Perhaps if we asked him nicely he would build a house between mine and yours, Lacey? We would ask him very nicely of course :-)

Rachael Johns said...

Ooh VERY nice eye-candy!!

Suzanne said...

Now that's what I call a hero.

:-)

Lucy King said...

Oh my, he's very lovely!

Lacey Devlin said...

Wow Jackie I'm so jealous that you've been mountain biking through those very woods! I'm thinking of moving to NZ can anyone guess why?

I should have mentioned our hunky man's real name is Craig Horner and he's originally from Brisbane, Australia. In all my trips to Brisbane I've never seen him *sigh*. I'm all for having him build a house between ours Jo! Everyone's invited to watch! ;)

Felicity Roger said...

Can I have a front row seat for the housebuilding and a bag of popcorn please. I haven't read the book, but after your post, I think I might just have to.