Thursday, June 11, 2009

AND...SEND!

So yesterday I hit the send button on my pitch and was vaguely disappointed when streamers didn’t erupt from my computer. Usually I’d wait until the last second in case some extra information pops up that I need to incorporate but this time I’m trying calm over totally panicked self-doubt. So I hit that button and off it went, paper bag please.

Today I have ice packs strapped to my face. I look great, if I do say so myself… kids scream at everything these days right???

I’ve just had my wisdom teeth out. I got lucky since my scheduled surgery is in September but someone cancelled so yay for me! If you can call having three lots of stitches in your mouth a “yay”… I’ll let you be the judge. I’m doing it the fun way—no pain killers—and so far so good. That’s possibly because it’s numb ;)

What I should really be doing is perfecting my manuscript etc for the pitch so I don’t get caught out but if you can’t act wounded for a day when you have chipmunk cheeks when can you?

Anyone participating in the 30K in 30 Days challenge is being productive enough to counter act my entry into blob world (come on in, we do a lot of sitting here, and… nothing).

I take my hat (or my ice pack) off to you!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Janette Radevski said...

Don't you just hate it when after all your hard work, there is an obvious lack of fanfare?

ps - done the whole wisdom teeth thing too, so know your pain. Hope you heal well and feel better soon.

Lorraine said...

ouch :-( Hope you're feeling better soon.

Well done for sending. Do you get post sending angst or is that just me???

Jackie Ashenden said...

Congrats on your pitch!! Woohoo Lacey! You go girl.
I've had wisdom teeth out but years and years ago - sore. Aaaah salt gargles...those were the days... ;-)

Suzanne said...

Poor you. I had a wisdom tooth (singular) out two years ago and it was horrid. No stitches, but I did end up with bone trauma and a lump the size of an egg on my jaw. The only thing I'll say is that it does get better.

In the meantime - three lots of stitches, yikes - look after yourself, wallow on the couch and have people spoil you.

:-(
PS sending happy thoughts out for your pitch.

Rachael Johns said...

Ooohh sending good vibes through cyberspace with your submission! Fingers crossed for ya!

Guess this means you're going to the conf! Have you been before. I'm gutted I'm not making this year's!

Joanne Cleary said...

yay on the pitch, lacey!

I had my wisdom teeth out years ago. Apparently there isn't enough room in my mouth for all my teeth. Which my family thinks is hilarious. The bruises on my jaw line were very impressive :-)

I think you need a new computer, I would feel a bit let down on the lack of streamers too!

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks everyone!

My cheeks are still a little swollen, very attractive but I'm lucky enough not to have the bruises. I started taking Arnica a week before the operation and that seems to have done the trick :)

I think I should get a new computer too! It takes a lot of guts to hit that send button sometimes and then there's just nothing!

I definitely get post sending angst. I'll sit there and twiddle my thumbs wondering if it's good enough to send yet, even though I've already decided that I'm going to send it. I like to think my behavior is one of those eccentricities of being a writer ;)

Liz Fielding said...

There should definitely be one of those streamer/champagne cork things that you get when you finish Spider Solitaire! But congratulations on letting go.

And from my teeth to yours. I'm having one out this week. :(

Judy Jarvie said...

I love the idea of the streamers from the computer. Congrats on getting it out there.
Ouch on the teeth. I'm due for an extraction (that word makes me tremble) in a few weeks. EEK

Judy Jarvie said...

Congrats on the pitch. Love the streamers idea.
Ouch on the teeth. I'm due for an extraction (I only whisper that word) v soon. Eek